Dr. Richard Soley (Director IIC)
Prof. Dr. Heiner Lasi (Ferdinand-Steinbeis-Institute)
Prof. Dr. Hans-Georg Kemper (University of Stuttgart)
Viktor Paland (Sigs Datacom)
In September 2015 the German Regional Team of the Industrial Internet Consortium (IIC) was founded under the umbrella of Steinbeis in the Steinbeis-Transferzentrum Innovationsforum Industrie (STCII). The promoted topics of the IIC are very important for the German economy especially for their strong mittelstand. The Focus of the IIC German Regional Team:
- Strengthening of the cooperation between the German IIC-members
- Transfer role between the IIC and small and medium-sized enterprises (SME) to give them the opportunity of an early participation on the development of the Industrial Internet
- Creation and processing of published content of the IIC
- Participation and Initiation of Testbeds, Micro Testbeds and Use Cases
- Representation of subjects and problems of SMEs in the IIC
Industrial Internet Consortium (IIC)
The Industrial Internet Consortium was founded in March 2014 to bring together the organizations and technologies necessary to accelerate the growth of the Industrial Internet by identifying, assembling and promoting best practices. Membership includes small and large technology innovators, vertical market leaders, researchers, universities and government organizations.
The goals are:
- Drive innovation through the creation of new industry use cases and testbeds for real-world applications;
- Define and develop the reference architecture and frameworks necessary for interoperability
- Influence the global development standards process for internet and industrial systems;
- Facilitate open forums to share and exchange real-world ideas, practices, lessons, and insights;
- Build confidence around new and innovative approaches to security.
Testbeds are a major focus and activity of the Industrial Internet Consortium and its members. The Industrial Internet Consortium Testbed Working Group accelerates the creation of testbeds for the Industrial Internet and serves as the advisory body for testbed proposal activities for members. It is the centralized group which collects testbed ideas from Industrial Internet Consortium member companies and provides the members with systematic yet flexible guidance for new testbed proposals. Industrial Internet Consortium testbeds are where the innovation and opportunities of the Industrial Internet – new technologies, new applications, new products, new services, new processes – can be initiated, thought through, and rigorously tested to ascertain their usefulness and viability before coming to market.
Industrial Internet Reference Architectur (IIRA)
The IIRA addresses the need for a common architecture framework to develop interoperable IIoT systems for diverse applications across a broad spectrum of industrial verticals in the public and private sectors to achieve the true promise of IIoT.